Saudi Recruitment Office: Exam, Interview and Requirements for Saudi Employment

by admin on May 31, 2010

My Great Web page

There are several things that I would like to share to you about the application process for Saudi employment through POEA and the Saudi Recruitment Office (SRO). In this post I will focus on the examination and interview phase of acquiring a Saudi employment.

My girlfriend waited for about a month before she received a text message informing her of the scheduled examination and interview at the SRO. You will be informed a week earlier so you still have time to prepare.

The Saudi Recruitment Office (SRO) is a government entity organized by the Ministry of Health (MOH), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). It accepts and processes applications of medical workers for direct deployment exclusively to government hospitals and other medical institutions in KSA.

Saudi Recruitment Office

The Saudi Recruitment office (SRO) is at the 18th floor of BDO tower along Makati Ave. corner Paseo De Roxas in Makati City. From LRT Buendia, ride a Guadalupe bound jeepney and alight at Makati Ave. Landmark is the Petron gasoline station on the left and a Starbucks coffee chain on the right. From Starbucks, you will have to walk a couple of blocks before you can get to the BDO tower which is a gold colored building.

On your scheduled date, be punctual, you have to be there at least 30 minutes before your scheduled examination because you will be required to look for your files (the one that you submitted to POEA) and register.

There is no dress code but just like any other job exam and interview, try to look your best. But remember, Arabs are very conservative people so I would recommend that you do not apply too much make up, a little powder and lip gloss will do.

Applicants will be given an hour to finish the 50 item examination. Right after the exam all those who passed will be interviewed and those who were unsuccessful will be sent home. According to my girlfriend, most of the interviews lasted for about 10-15 minutes and clinical questions will be asked.

You will be informed right away about the result of the interview and a letter of appointment will be offered to you indicating the amount of your monthly salary.

Present the letter of employment along with the medical report form to POEA and attend an initial orientation about the entire process and requirements that you need to accomplish. I would suggest that you start fixing your papers the moment that you received your letter of appointment because you will only be given a month to comply.

In my next post I will discuss the process of authenticating your documents (Red Ribbon) up to the Department of Foreign Affairs.

Visit Saudi Recruitment Office Official Website: Click here

For nursing job opportunities, please visit: Job for Nursing blog : CLICK HERE

For FREE Updates, enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{ 995 comments… read them below or add one }

cat June 1, 2010 at 4:43 PM

I hope there’s more like these on the web. Thanks for the info’s. It’s a big help.

mae June 2, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Best help ever heard… But do you know the schedule of next interview and exam again?

sasshie June 15, 2010 at 5:40 PM

What are the qualification?is it ok to apply if ur certificate is Volunteer Nurse??

admin June 15, 2010 at 6:14 PM

I think they accept at least 1 year of volunteer work in 1 hospital. For the list of requirements you can check my other post: Saudi Arabia Nursing: POEA Nursing Jobs Abroad on the “Job openings” category.

mercy July 4, 2010 at 4:26 PM

i guez they will be having an interview for this month of july…

luzel July 5, 2010 at 5:11 PM

do you have any idea where i can inquire the status of the application? my sister applied and pass the interview for about 3 months already and some of her friends been called and departed to saudi and she’s the one left who havent receive any calls from them..thus anyone can help us…thanks

admin July 5, 2010 at 5:34 PM

@luzel: According to my girlfriend, they are not entertaining queries through phone which is honestly irritating. One needs to personally follow-up in their office.

alibutod July 6, 2010 at 10:38 AM

what are the requirement to submit at SRO

miva July 7, 2010 at 8:00 PM

i have been complying the requirements for POEA… when i got there, i was rejected because voluntary services in the hosp are not allowed according to the personnel from window M.

how come in one of the forum i read… the writer quoted that during the interview he was asked how ready is he for working in the hosp, the fact that he has no hosp experience…???

how was he interviewed when he has no hosp experience?

admin July 8, 2010 at 3:53 AM

@miva: I’ve heard there are issues like that.

May “palakasan system” din ata. I’ve heard Muslims are given priority.

Rhanie July 12, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Good Day!! What if ng walk in apply ka tapos di tinanggap certificate mo ksi volunteer nurse pero muslim ka may pag asa pa po matanngap kmi?thanks hope you answer my question soon.

admin July 12, 2010 at 1:54 PM

@Rhanie: I am not in the position to answer that po.

marissa July 13, 2010 at 5:24 PM

good day,im from march delegation,i am done with the issuance of job order last week..for ticket na status ko under moh.i just want to ask how many weeks ako maghihintay.thanks for the time po

evez July 14, 2010 at 11:30 AM

i submitted my docs at POEA in our local area last June 29, and I asked a copy of transmittal letter. My docs were sent on the same day via LBC addressed to POEA Manila. I went to POEA Manila July 7 to follow-up but to my dismay I was not included in the list of applicants scheduled for examination at SRO. According to POEA staff, my docs were already forwarded to SRO and had given me an orange card. It’s been two weeks now but until now I’m still waiting for my turn. I’ve heard the delegates will stay up to July 17 only. Do I have still HOPE to be entertained by SRO and able to take an exam? Please help….

jenina July 21, 2010 at 10:36 AM

hello..wen would be the next sro interview and exam after this july,,,tnx

Myra August 2, 2010 at 9:01 AM

I was at the SRO two weeks ago and I asked a certain lady, i think she is one of the assistants there but she said that the next delegation will come in December.. Pero ang alam ko ongoing ang recruitment, im just not so sure…. Just submit your papers at POEA and wait for their text…

mae criszy santander August 12, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Hello everyone.I am asking qustions regarding the latest Saudi MOH and POEA hiring of 3000 nurses as of august 4 2010.I am a reg nurse with 2 years and 10 mos work experience as an icu nurse (micu/sicu).What are my chances that if ever i applied and get hired that I will end up working in MOH tertiary hospital in saudi rather than in a MOH primary health centers. Thank you…

alia August 16, 2010 at 5:03 PM

hi, somebody help me… pls confirm for me wen is da next delegation at sro after fasting…ty

Zhing August 17, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Hello… i just want to ask f im qualified me to apply in SRO even im only graduated medwifery under board but i have experience more that 7 years in the goverment hospital in exposing in all wards.thanx

phatty August 17, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Hi am from jolo,sulu muslim in im graduated nursing under board and i have exprience 2 years up to present in the hospital, i want to apply but our place is so very far, its there option to apply thru internet?

grace August 20, 2010 at 12:47 PM

hi.,I want to apply in sro.,but I only have a volunnteer nurse experience in a tertiary hosp for 5mos.is there any chance for me to be entertain if ever i will apply in sro office personally?i need a reply.,thnx

admin August 20, 2010 at 8:58 PM

@grace: I believe they need 2years experience in a hospital but volunteer work is not counted.

grace August 21, 2010 at 2:56 PM

@ admin: so i don’t have any chance?is there any opportunity offered that is suited to my qualification?

chress-ann August 27, 2010 at 5:40 PM

hi.. i just want to ask if when will be the next sro delegation? because poea posted job orders for nurses and other medical staff with the deadline of august 30, 2010. Are we going to expect that september or october there will be sro delegation to arrive?.. or is it true that sro delegation comes on march, june and december?.. thank you so much.

ann August 29, 2010 at 8:36 AM

hi! im almost 1 mo. waiting 4 my departure, i finished my evaluation and paid the required amount 4 my visa and authentication fee last july 23, they told me that it takes 2-3 wks to process all of it, but until now im still waiting 4 their call. Im so upset coz yung mga ksabayan ko n ntapoz last july 23 ung iba nkaalis n en my sked n 4 deyr departure e hlos nauna p q ntapoz s knla hw com aq ala p at ang sbi uunahin dw mga moh paalisin. my palakasan system bng nngya2ri but its so unfair. I’ve wasted a lot of time en money. I hop dey shud giv us consideration.

admin August 29, 2010 at 9:45 AM

@ann: The same thing had happened to my girlfriend. she was supposed to leave on April 11 but her flight was rescheduled on August 11. And you might be luckier than her because she applied December 2009 pa. I think you should be more patient because you are not in any position to demand from SRO.

I have heard nurses pulling out their applications because of the same experience.

Disclaimer: I am not in any way connected to SRO or any government agency. I am just sharing my gf’s experience applying in Saudi. =)

judy August 30, 2010 at 11:19 PM

im planning to apply at sro what ae the requirements?san ba unang magaaply poea b po?anu ano requirements po ang dadalhgin?

deejay September 2, 2010 at 6:55 PM

@chress ann: hi, august 30 po ba ung deadline ng SRO pra sa gustong mg.apply as nurse in KSA? 2nd week this month pa ksi ako mkapag.pass ng application ko…..somebody can give me infos? tnx

sitti's September 4, 2010 at 11:36 AM

I’m planning to go to manila this coming sept.13 to follow up my application that I submit here in POEA Zamboanga City,but i saw in the internet the last submission of the requirements will be on aug.30.Is that my application that I submit in the POEA Zamboanga City last June, will valid if I go to manila to apply in the SRO?

deejay September 6, 2010 at 5:50 PM

I submitted mine at Cebu Poea last SEpt.3,…u must first register at the POEAwebsite to have your registration number, its one of the requirements before they will accept your papers…

laarnie larubis September 10, 2010 at 4:44 PM

hello..i just want to know how to apply on sro online?i already register to ergister at poea.thank!

Saudi Jobs September 12, 2010 at 8:33 AM

I like this website. Thanks for sharing good stuffs.

Lyns September 12, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Ma’am,just want to ask if when will be the next departure for HOP like me?I’m an SRO applicant last June 12,2010.I was assigned in Al-Qatiff. My other friends were already in Saudi. How can we know the exact departure?Thank you and more power!

charmaine alatiw September 14, 2010 at 8:15 PM

hello sir…may edge po ba ang saudi born na filipino citizen sa pag apply sa SRO?;) and i have 1 year hopital experience but volunteer lang…hope you can at least answer my query..thanks sir…;)God Bless…;)

yumi September 15, 2010 at 11:12 AM

hello!!!its easy to apply / register to sro….because i want to know if it easy…tnx!!!

yumi September 15, 2010 at 11:14 AM

what are the requirements.???

love September 15, 2010 at 1:17 PM

so helpful grabe.. total clueless ako til mabasa ko to.. was looking for your post bout authenticating documents and for red ribbon… san ko makikita yung post na yun…. kelangan ko ng info bout dun.. thanks a bunch!!!!

admin September 15, 2010 at 4:17 PM

@Love: I will try to contact my girl friend about it. Nasa Saudi na kase sya, I was planning to make a post about how to authenticate documents for red ribbon but I forgot about it na. Hopefully mahanap nya yung draft ng steps for red ribbon.

Lyns September 17, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Sir…………kahit clue mn lng para atleast I have an idea kung wen ako aalis for Saudi,huhuhu.thanks and more power!

annie September 18, 2010 at 6:02 PM

hi sir.. i would like to know if theres any hiring this september or october at saudi arabia? sa mga nurses po.. thanks..

mitch September 22, 2010 at 8:14 PM

hi! I am a second courser and i just passed the board recently. as stated, experience is not necessary but is there any age limit in applying? and what do i need to present at the POEA upon application ? thanks…!

ROMINA LUSANTA September 23, 2010 at 3:58 PM

gud day, i hav completed the requirements last August 26, 2010, i am assigned in Assir, KSA, how will I know the status of my application or how will i know my date of departure, im here in Surigao del Sur and since the agency is not entertaining telephone calls, its hard for us to follow-up our application, hope to hear from you, thank you very much

kit September 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM

i just want to ask if they are strict regarding xray result..will they allow to work in saudi those xray result has fibrosis?no history of tb..thank you for the time my concern..

admin September 28, 2010 at 10:58 PM

@kit: I think they are strict. But I guess it depends on the assigned Clinic if papayagan ka at Fit to work ang findings sayo. I’m not in the position to tell you po.

admin September 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM

@ROMINA LUSANTA: I guess you should just wait for their text message. Yung sa girl friend ko din ganyan din sobrang tagal, nakulitan na ata kase lagi sya personally follow-up. Magastos nga rin yung pag-alis nya dahil sa kakafollow-up.

mich September 29, 2010 at 11:00 PM

ano ho ba ang requirements pag mag- apply…ano po ba ang unang gagawin..punta sa poea then sa sro na po ba?im so lost..

mich September 29, 2010 at 11:04 PM

may online application na rin po ako sa poea last year pa..what ho ba ang iprepresent kO?

admin October 1, 2010 at 12:22 AM

@Mich: You can check out the following links:

Saudi Recruitment Office Procedures For Nurse Applicants

POEA Requirements and Saudi Ministry of Health Nursing Jobs

Sana makatulong!

Myra October 5, 2010 at 10:15 PM

i think may bagong delegation ulit sa SRO this month….

Winnie P. Dolor October 10, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Hi Madam/ Sir, I am a 4 years experienced nurse,my last finished job was in Saudi Arabia,I wanna know if I can be possibly hired as staff nurse (in any areas)even if I had 1 year working gap?I stopped working last september 2009 as OR staff nurse in Jeddah,Saudi Arabia..thank you..